Friday, February 24, 2012

The Value of Piddling

I spent the day piddling.  Piddling is so not like me - I'm usually one whose "To Do" list is written the night before, whose day is well thought-out and well planned; one who feels their day has been a success when most of the items on the "To Do" list are checked off at the end of the day.

But today was different. Today I piddled.  I filed the stack of papers in the kitchen and the ones in our bedroom that I've been meaning to get to for the past few months.  I folded the two baskets of clothes in the laundry room and hung my husband's shirts in the closet. I made some long overdo phone calls, and even penned a note to a friend.  I checked in with the little town of Mayberry to see what Sheriff Andy Taylor, Aunt Bee, Opie and the gang were up to. I fixed myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich with a glass of milk and ate it outside on the front porch while my doggie chewed his bone at my feet.

Ah life is good... I piddled around today and I am unapologetic.  For you see, I've discovered the value in piddling.  I got so many of the little things done, the things that get pushed aside so much of the time, while I'm going about the business of running a business.

Tomorrow, I'll be back to my "To Do" list, full schedule and well thought-out and well-planned day.
I hope to accomplish much and at the end of the day feel that I've succeeded. Back to business as usual - except for one thing -  in the not too distance future I'll be scheduling in another day to just piddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!